Wednesday, May 14, 2014

05-13 Petunia's: The Verse In Which Mr. Behr Says Goodbye.

at the end of our eighth month,
conversation,
Mr. Behr,
they put our table away,
the one,
where I, We sat,
watching the lavender fly between us,
alder and pearl in the sky,
when first we were young to each other,
I would sigh,
when first we were young,
and for each other,
I, We put your hand in mine,
at alder and pearl in the sky,
as I did today,
only this time,
I did not say yes,
I did not say no,
this time,
I did not look away in shame,
to watch the gold turned leaf,
fall, between us,
lavender turned blue,
turned gray, falling,
wanting to stay,
but knowing to leave,
wanting to love you,
but knowing how to leave,
wanting to love,
but not knowing how,
I, from you, fall,
looked away in shame,
at alder and pearl,
when the sky,
between us turned gray with rain,
but this time,
when I looked at you,
I did not say no,
I did not say yes,
I did not say,
when I, We put your hand in mine,
and saw, between us,
spring become summer,
the winter of our rain,
forgiven,
between us, in the sky,
gray turned blue turned
spring in your eyes become,
the amber of summer,
as you, I once more,
put your heart in a glass sculpted palm,
with melted cream and cookie,
calm, while I looked at you,
knowing I would leave,
knowing I would love,
knowing,
I loved you,
knowing,
when you look at me,
you loved me,
you love me,
at alder and pearl,
in the sky turned amber,
when they put our table away,
we, I with you, Mr. Behr,
walked, hand in heart in mine,
away.


No comments:

Post a Comment